With this event we want to bring out synergies from existing relevant projects, initiatives and networks in the region and to exploit these assets to promote further and achieve cross-cutting benefits.
SHAREMED is a project aiming to “systemize” current observation and propose a shared approach to address common threats. One of the project goals is to bring out synergies from existing relevant projects, initiatives and networks in the region and to exploit these assets to promote further and achieve cross-cutting benefits.
For that reason, project partners are organizing a regional capitalization workshop on June 16th 2022. The workshop will:
- collect information and share views on the region-specific marine environmental threats;
- present the current observation systems;
- map recent initiatives addressing marine environmental threats;
- identify observational gaps and priorities to address the major threats.
Mapping of projects by participants: e.g. FIRESPILL; CADEAU; HarmoNIA; ECOSS; FAIRSEA; NAMIRS; INOVVAMARE; avvistapp; JERICO; TRETAMARA; LTER North Adriatic; …
Invited participants will be asked to share expertise on marine observations and to contribute to map initiatives addressing marine environmental threats. A template to collect information on ongoing initiatives and projects will be sent well before the workshop, in order to present the synthesis during the event. Proposed issues:
- Major threats
- Main gaps to address those threats (limited monitoring; data availability; data heterogeneity; heterogeneous/lack/overlapping regulations; others to be indicated, ….)
If you are interested, you can register here ---> forms.gle/SUaDy7J9k1isLebG8